Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving with the Sanchez clan :)

This is aunt Margie... my grandmother's sister.. There were 38 of us total there... and 'my' first time with 'that' part of the clan... :) felt JUST LIKE 'FAMILY' :) :) :) :) LOL Hmmmm 'wonder why' ??? ;)






We had a great day with most of the family being present... I haven't seen most of these people since '95 when my great grandmother died...but now, the 'grandchildren' are 'grown' and have children of their own.. which was VERY nice to meet THEM... :) and several are just wee ones... :) one is just 7 weeks old!! :)






It was a loud, rambunctious time with lots of laughs, fun, teasing and 'competition' (between SOUTHERN and NORTHERN dressing) Janeen and Gilbert Thompson (Janeen is aunt Margie's daugther) created a song to the tune of "Yankee Doodle" about how 'the northern dressing' was BETTER than SOUTHERN... LOL... HILARIOUS!!!




The competitor...the judgement...and the winner is.... SOUTHERN! LOL






This is Roy (aunt Margie's son) who is now coming back to mtgs... yaay! He was there last nite again, his SECOND mtg now in 17 years (his 'first' was last Sunday) :) :) :) :) :) and Aaron (Roy's nephew) who just came back and professed last year :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad you sent me the link! I had not seen this. So nice to see Roy!!!! So, what is IN southern dressing that makes it such a winner?! xoxoxox Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think southern dressing is called cornbread dressing... and not sure how Janeen and Gilbert made 'theirs'... HA!! i should ASK :)) but dressing is 'dressing' to 'me'... but shhh... ;) what i love and grew up with is stovetop ;) :) :)

    ReplyDelete